SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN)
Request for Proposals
PEATLAND MAPPING AND HYDROLOGICAL INVENTORY IN JAMBI PROVINCE; VILLAGE BOUNDARY SETTING AND RESOURCE MAPPING AND PARCEL-BASED LAND USE
LAND TENURE MAPPING PILOT PROJECT IN JAMBI PROVINCE
Country : Indonesia
City/Locality : Jakarta
Project : Green Prosperity Project (GP)
Contract No. : GP-A-021
Submission Deadline : March 31st, 2017, 10:00 a.m. Jakarta time.
Funding Agency : Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC)
Buyer : Millennium Challenge Account-Indonesia (MCA-Indonesia)
1. The Request for Proposal (RFP) is open to all eligible entities (“Consultants”) who wish to respond. Consultants may only associate with each other in the form of a joint venture or in a sub-consultancy agreement to complement their respective areas of expertise to enhance their capacity to successfully carry out the assignment and so long as any association is otherwise formed in accordance with the terms of the RFP.
2. A Consultant will be selected under the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) procurement method, the evaluation procedure for which is described in sections of the RFP in accordance with “MCC Program Procurement Guidelines” which are provided on the MCC website www.mcc.gov.
3. The Millennium Challenge Corporation (“MCC”) and the Government of the Republic of Indonesia (the “Government” or “GoI”) have entered into a Compact for Millennium Challenge Account (“MCA”) assistance to help facilitate poverty reduction through economic growth in Indonesia (the “Compact”) in the amount of US$ 600,000,000 (“MCC Funding”). The Government, acting through the Millennium Challenge Account - Indonesia (“MCA-Indonesia”), intends to apply a portion of the funds to eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Proposals is issued. Payment by MCC will be made only at the request of MCA-Indonesia and upon approval by MCC and will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Compact, including restrictions on the use of MCC Funding and conditions to the disbursements.
The Compact Program includes five Components: a) the Green Prosperity Project (“GP”), b) the Community-based Health and Nutrition to Reduce Stunting Project, c) the Procurement Modernization Project, d) the Monitoring and Evaluation Component and e) the Program Administration and Control. The provision of this procurement falls under the Green Prosperity Project.
The scope of service includes a Base Service and an Option Service.
Base Contract Activity:
• Peatland Mapping and Inventory Task: With this activity, the Consultant will provide spatial information to establish the biophysical, social, legal, and administrative condition of peatlands in selected Peat Hydrological Units (KHG – Kesatuan Hidrologis Gambut) in the districts of Muaro Jambi and Tanjung Jabung Timur, both in Jambi Province. These districts are 2017 priority districts for the Government of Indonesia’s Peatland Restoration Agency (BRG). The key activities of this Task are: (i) Preparation of Data Acquisition; (ii) Control Point Measurement for Aerial Photo; (iii) Data Acquisition (Aerial Photo and LIDAR); (iv) LIDAR Data Processing; (v) Aerial Photo Data Processing; (vi) Hypsography / Contour Mapping; (vii) Land Cover Mapping; (viii) Hydro topography Mapping. These activities and details included in each activity are intended as illustrative of the BRG needs and requirements.
In addition, MCA-Indonesia may request the following activities as an Option:
• Village Boundary Setting and Resource Mapping Task (VBS/RM): Carry out participatory (with the community and local government) determination, geo-location and physical demarcation of village boundaries; map the natural and cultural resource areas within the villages; and create geo-spatial databases of the information collected. This task will be carried out in Bram Itam sub-district in the District of Tanjung Jabung Barat, Jambi Province. The VBS/RM process intends to include community consultation, participatory approaches and best practices developed from non-governmental experiences with existing government regulations and technical specifications, and uses modern geospatial technologies to develop sub-district and village level geo-spatial databases of land information to:
(i) spatially locate villages and map critical natural and cultural resource areas to serve the land information needs of both local government and the village communities;
(ii) provide up-to-date land use information to national government initiatives including the One Map Policy; and
(iii) provide reliable land information on land-based risks and opportunities to possible renewable energy investors.
• Design and implement a methodology for participatory parcel-based land use and land tenure mapping which is linked with the MCA-Indonesia village boundary setting and resource area mapping methodology to develop a comprehensive geospatial database of land information of the villages within the sub-districts of Kumpeh Ulu in the District of Muaro Jambi and in the sub-district of Bram Itam in the District of Tanjung Jabung Barat, both in Jambi Province.
With this invitation, MCA-Indonesia seeks to select a Consultant for the Peatland Mapping and Hydrological Inventory in Jambi province; Village Boundary Setting and Resource Mapping and Parcel-Based Land Use and Land Tenure Mapping Pilot Project in Jambi province.
4. Consultants interested in submitting a Proposal should register their interest by sending an e-mail, giving full contact details of the Consultant, in order to receive a copy of the complete RFP document.
MCA-Indonesia, Procurement Agent
Gedung MR21 (Gedung Jasindo), 12th Floor
Jl. Menteng Raya 21
Jakarta 10330, Indonesia
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Clarifications may be requested by e-mail not later than 21 days before the submission deadline. Responses shall be issued to all consultants no later than 14 days before the submission deadline.
6. A Pre-Proposal meeting will be held on February 27th, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at MCA-Indonesia’s Office Address as specified in the RFP, Section II, Proposal Data Sheet, ITC 1.4.
7. The proposals must be received no later than March 31st, 2017, 10:00 a.m. local time in Jakarta, Indonesia, at MCA-Indonesia’s Office Address as specified in the RFP, Section II, Proposal Data Sheet, ITC 17.5. Electronic submission of Proposals is not permitted.
8. In accordance with the RFP, Section II Proposal Data Sheet, ITC 20.1, the Technical Proposals will be opened publicly at 10:15 a.m. local time in Jakarta, Indonesia on March 31st, 2017