1. The African Development Bank seeks expressions of interest from suitably qualified candidates to
assist the private sector Portfolio Asset Management team with Project Investments and transactions related to the management of the Bank’s portfolio of assets.
2. The services to be provided under the proposed consultancy are: to
i) advise on evaluation of investments related to post-origination activities such as follow-on investments, financing for project expansions and secondary tranche disbursements, restructuring or reorganization of assets in the portfolio;
ii) provide internal financial advisory and financial technical assistance in developing debt management solutions on an ongoing basis for clients and/or assets within the Bank’s non sovereign operations portfolio; and
iii) analyze critical portfolio asset management KPIs on a monthly basis to assess overall portfolio quality and performance.
The consultant will work with the Portfolio Asset Management Team to analyze and assess invested assets for impairment and loan loss provisioning by performing simulations of cash flows and to develop investment thesis, project briefs, commentaries and memorandum to the Credit Committees. The consultant will provide core expertise in financial modeling and analysis such as performing sensitivities and scenario analysis on project financial models, developing detailed project financial models to assist in evaluation of project risks and credit feasibility during at portfolio management stage of projects, and reviewing and/or auditing project financial models received from clients.
3. The Private Sector Department invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services described above. Interested consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to provide the services (CVs, references for similar services, experience in comparable assignments, availability of qualified staff, etc).
4. The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a short list and the selection procedure shall be in
conformity with the Bank’s Rules and Procedure for Acquisition of Consulting Services funded
by the Administrative or Capital Expenditure Budget. Please, note that interest expressed by a
Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
5. The estimated duration of services is 12 working months and the estimated starting date is May 15, 2017.
6. Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the email address below during the Bank’s working hours: from 09:00 to 17:00 hours
7. Expressions of interest must be received by email at the address below no later than April 24, 2017 at 17h00 Abidjan time and specifically mentioning “Long-Term individual consultants to assist the portfolio asset management team with Project Investments and transactions related to the
management of the Bank’s portfolio of asset”,