The African Development Bank (AfDB) has established the African Natural Resources Center to assist Regional Member Countries (RMCs) maximize development outcomes derived from their natural resources. The scope of the Center combines renewable (water, forestry, land and fishery) and non-renewable (oil, gas and minerals) resources.
In the context of the Bank’s High-Five priorities, this requires three main work streams. First, the Center’s must deepen extractives knowledge of Bank teams through analytics, internal seminars and a knowledge portal to support lending departments. Second, it should provide concrete data on aspect of natural resources including current policies, natural resources trade, value chains patterns structures and potential resource development economic corridors. Third, the Center will support the RMCs in creating an enabling environment and advocate for regional and national policies to achieve the positive development outcomes.
This request for expression of interest aims at hiring an individual consultant to support the implementation of the Center’s work on renewable natural.
a) Preparing a variety of descriptive and background reports and written materials on subjects or Natural Renewable Resources Policy issues within the RMCs
b) Support the Renewable Natural Resources Experts in preparing a variety of analytical reports and written materials on Renewable Resources Policy issues.
c) Data Collection and analysis in liaison with other relevant Bank departments, collects various forms of data pertaining to areas of operation of the Center. Interprets, presents data through charts, graphs and other visual forms; draws conclusions, and discusses with ECNR experts.
d) Literature Research: regularly conducts research of literature in order to inform ANRC of trends, news, issues arising relative to natural resources spanning both renewable sectors.
e) Record Keeping and information management: supports knowledge management within the Center, through systematisation of research and information sources, in particular to feed into the ECNR knowledge web portal.
f) Report and Presentation Preparation: provides support to experts by assisting in preparing various reports and study TORs as needed.
g) Support the preparation of Departmental knowledge events, seminars and workshops.
h) Performs other tasks as assigned by the Renewables Manager and the Director
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
* At least a Master’s degree (or its equivalent) in Natural Resources Fields (Forest, Water & fishery Resources); Resource Management and Policy or related disciplines;
* Be a national of one of the member countries of the Bank;
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in renewable natural resource policy-related research, development and analysis. Specific experience in international development work would be an advantage;
* Experience in supporting advocacy and knowledge dissemination events
* Competent in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and web tools); other quantitative analysis packages an advantage.
* Fluent in English or French, with working knowledge of the second.