1. The African Development Bank hereby invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in the following Assignment: Information Technology (IT) Officer at AfDB’s Office in Senegal.
2. The services to be provided under the Assignment include:
i. Provide technical support services pertaining to telecommunications technologies including voice and data (Internet, e-mail) transmission as well as videoconferencing.
ii. Repair and maintain office equipment.
iii. Assist in system configurations and provide support to users of Information Technology (IT) tools at the Bank’s Office in Senegal.
The Consultants duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
* Operate and maintain the VSAT system and provide related support services.
* Provide technical assistance to the team at Headquarters responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of the Wireless Area Network (WAN), including voice, data and video conference transmission.
* Provide assistance and resolve problems with regard to hardware and software at the the Bank’s Office in Senegal.
* Ensure the adjustment, repair or replacement of defective equipment through own intervention or by returning it to suppliers for service or repair.
* Use and maintain electrical and mechanical equipment such as the VSAT and the Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS).
* Use test equipment, including basic computer monitoring tools.
* Work closely with the local IT officer and with technicians from Headquarters in order to conduct investigations and tests to circumscribe and correct problems.
* As a true team player, develop, enhance and put in place means aimed at enhancing the smooth functioning and the effectiveness of products, as well as the quality of services provided to both internal and external clients.
*Compile statistics on users’ calls pertaining to voice, fax, data and videoconference facilities through the VSAT connection.
* By ensuring the Help Desk function, provide support to users of telecommunications and IT tools.
3. The Corporate Information Technology Services Department (CHIS) invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-described services. Interested
Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating
their ability to undertake this Assignment (documents, reference to similar services,
experience in similar assignments, etc.;).